- In 1969, half of all kids walked to school. Today that number is less than 15%
- Today, nearly one in three young people are either obese or overweight
- The child obesity rate is four times greater among children ages 6-11 than it was a generation ago (the same rate has tripled for adolescents ages 12-19)
- Only one-third of children are getting DHHS’ recommended level of 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity per day
- Up to 30% of morning traffic comes from parents driving their kids to school, and traffic crashes are the top cause of injury and death to US kids under 18.
BikeWalkKC Safe Routes to School Services – Technical assistance, advice, and consulting to help schools design and implements Safe Routes to School Programs.
MARC Safety Ambassadors – Training for adults to conduct bike rodeos and other safety lessons.